Where two next?

Antipodean travelogue through the eyes of two - one textile and one building lover. It'll be hard to differentiate the two!

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Congrats to........

Well it's congrats to Isobel for correctly identifying the tree in the previous post about the Botanic Gardens as being a Pohutekawa tree. Or more commonly known as the New Zealand Christmas Tree. Here is a close up of the flowers as requested by my sister.


Unfortunately I thought it was a Feijoa tree so it actually doesn't fruit as I suggested previously. Considering my mother is a Horticulturist, my sister is a Horticulturist, my brother is a Landscape Architect completing a Doctorate in Forestry and the fact that I was brought up on a Nursery I think I have no real excuse for this oversight bar an extreme casualness when it comes to this blogging thing.

Anyway for the record here is a picture of a Feijoa flower, and I beleive this fruits in the Autumn. Its a pity the New Zealand Tree doesn't grow Feijoas as apparently they are very tasty.

Given my background perhaps I could create a new hybrid.

Cathal

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home